Monday, March 1, 2010

What Divides Us Women...


The first thing that came up to our mind (women) when we heard some guy is dating this particular girl is, "Is she covered up or not?" or in BM, "dia pakai tudung ke tak?"

Nowadays, this question becomes common among us and it actually divides us women into these groups which are covered up and of course not covered up.

So, which group are you in?

I missed out one group.There's also certain women who choose to be in between; to go covered up and not at the same time.

The thing is, we are judged by what we are wearing. Our tudung of course.

As for me, so far Alhamdulillah, I never went outside without any selendang covered my head. I pray hard on this one because I'm trying my best to stay istiqamah on covering up.

I have a lot of friends who are covered up and in fact the majority of my friends are covered up. Probably because I came from a religious school.

I hate it when people judge us by our tudung or selendang. We people who covered up are holding the image, the clean image everywhere we go. The free hair women are always referred to the not so nice attitudes.

But to tell the truth, there are no such things anymore.

The vanity is everywhere, covered up or not, we women (or human;to be in general) are always exposed to the vanity side.

I'm not a good muslimah even though I'm covered up. I'm not happy with that and always pray hard for hidayah... :(

I've been thinking of life in Here-after a lot lately.

And I'm thinking what will happen if God takes my live when I'm not ready like right now? Because to count all my ibadah right now, it makes me wanna cry so hard....

Just covering our hair is not enough! There are a lot more of things we women need to do!

Therefore, I have decided, I should read a lot on spiritually inspired books. Currently, I'm reading this book "You can be the happiest women in the world". Just about time (thank you PD!), I was looking for something good to read, rather than to read those fiction books, I'm so happy to have one of the copies right now. I just start reading on it, I'd probably put up a review on it later on in the future. InsyaAllah.

Covered up or not, let's together we try our best, pray hard, look for hidayah as much as we can. And after all, it's never too late to do the right thing now. InsyaAllah.

p/s, I never believe in "heaven can wait", it only works on narrow-minded people.






3 comments:

  1. -what do you mean by "so far"? not really sure whether u can fight the temptation or not? hehe... perhaps u could - i believe in u..

    -yeah, i agree... covering your hair is not enuff.. but it's basic responsibility for us MUSLIM.. if we cannot do the basic thing, how could we be able to handle a bigger responsibility?

    -HIDAYAH? i'm dying to get it... may ALLAH bless me with it..( anyway, kirim salam kat Hidayah Kassim,hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cik ramli! ehe. thank you for dropping by.

    thank you very much for your faith in me. i will try my best to fight this temptation! i can do this!

    i'm glad you get my point there. proud of you bro!

    may Allah bless us with his Blessings all the way so we won't be joining the wrongdoers. Amin.

    thanx again cik ramli! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ;)
    marilah kita berusaha to be better

    ReplyDelete